Thursday 24 October 2013

Selling

I recently had an interesting comment on an old post, which got me to thinking about an issue I've been debating for a while, concerning my patterns and the products made from them.



I have always asked people not to sell the items they make for the simple reason that I sell them in my little (shelf in a) shop in Arundel. And one day, I thought I would have my Etsy shop full of crocheted creations too.

Well, the latter has not happened. I just do not have the time.
Besides, I really prefer working on new designs (that fox is on my hook just now) and so my Etsy shop is full of crochet patterns.

And so I have decided that the products made from all my designs (whether purchased, or free) can be sold wherever you choose. I just kindly ask that credit for the design is referred back to me here, or at my Etsy shop, depending on the origin of the pattern.

Happy making, everyone.

Sarah x

12 comments:

  1. such a lovely thing to do x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome, thanks so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only are you a gifted designer, you are a generous one.

    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, you are a kind and generous soul! Your designs are all so fun and creative, the ones I've made are such fun and are very loved! You deserve something for your kindness...I live close to arundel, I might just have to pop down to your shop and treat you to a cuppa and cake! :-) Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, I haven't made any of your patterns as of yet, but it seems sensible to let people enjoy making your idea especially when no one person can produce thousands any way. You could do like Lucy at Attic24 and have a donate button .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have gotten such great inspiration from your blog and appreciate so much your creative contributions. Lately, I have fiddled around with some designing of my own but I don't think I would have had the confidence to do that without your blog and others like it. Thanks so much for all you do!.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very sweet of you Sarah!
    ~Danette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! Credit will be given :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, thank you for being so generous. Just another reason this blog is my favorite crochet blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's really kind and generous of you. You are a lovely lady! Can't wait to have a go at the reindeer!

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, so leave a comment or ask a question and l'll reply to you right here.
Have a fab day.
Sarah Xx